 CAD / MLCad / 1078 (-10)
  custom 73590a hose flexible

I have been trying to make custom bent flexible hose part 73590a using parts 750 (hose flexible end 1 x 1 x2/3 with tabs) 754 (hose flexible segment link section)755 hose flexible segment end section)and 756 hose flexible segment centre section) (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message news:GLnxLM.G8G@lugnet.com... (...) Sure this works, but don't load it into MLCad then you get again a different view :-) Michael (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) Thanks! to two decimals this matches the other set given here. Appreciate the confirmation! PS I like Steve's idea! (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GLL8IB.CHF@lugnet.com... (...) selected (...) Sorry for replying so late, but I was pritty busy the last days ... MLCad uses a matrix which results from rotating over X = 23 deg., Y = (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms  [DAT]

(...) A general, reproducible, adjustable, redo-able solution to this is to write up a couple of LDLite's ROTATION commands, and then translate the commands to standard LDraw gdl. For example, to duplicate MLCAD's view, write: 0 ROTATE 23 1 0 0 0 (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) Dunno if it helps, but you can use L3P and find the view you like. The view matrix which corresponds to that view can then be found under the Test -> Statistics menu item. Fredrik (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) Great, thanks! But I sort of (as Kevin does) need the way to generate the rotation matrix from a dialed in rotation value... if someone has a spread that does that, it would be nifty. (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) Just my 2¢: The 3D angles (in degrees) in MLCad can be found under Settings>General>Cha...>Documents tab. They are indeed 23 and 45 degrees. --Ryan (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) Those numbers are the values of a rotation matrix about the X, Y and Z axis. (Search for "rotation matrix" on google.com for an explanation.) The -A syntax has been around since ldraw.exe and is documented in ldraw.doc as well as the ldlite (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) 895 (...) What I'd like to know is exactly what each of those numbers stands for (X rotation? what? Is it in th help somewhere and I missed it?) so next time I need a custom one I don't have to spend an (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact