 CAD / LeoCAD / 132
  LeoCad version 0.75

On April the first a new LeoCad version has been released: 0.75 In this version the mysterious disappearance of some pieces as discussed below has been solved! It even seems that even an old bug/quirk which plagued my installation is gone too: when (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) Numerous other new features and improvements: - New category tree for parts allowing easy selection - Drag and drop new pieces from parts tree - piece moves can be done relative to piece directions, allowing easy SNOT or Technic constructions (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) Yeah, the new rotation system....I need some time getting used to that. For example: when you select the rotation button a circle appears to define the rotation point. BUT the rotation button only works when the mouse pointer is actually (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) The rotation circles make it easier to rotate the direction you want to rotate, and I think it's more intuitive too. That's how professional software like Max and Maya work (I followed the Max way of rotating and added some extra functionality (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) ... Hi, I didn't found out how to see parts numbers in the tree, although I selected "Show numbers" in the context menu and/or the pieces toolbar preferences. It's now hard to find a part when you don't know the name of the part or the (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

Hi, is it right that the arrow keys work in an other way now? If I rotate a part more than 45° using the shift + pageup/pagedown key, the arrow keys work 90° shifted. So if I have used some parts in different directions the arrow keys always work in (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

No that's not always true. In order to have the arrow keys always work in the same directions follow this procedure: go to View -> Preferences -> tab 'Drawing Aids' and check the 'Fixed direction keys' option Succes, Robert (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

Hi, thanx for the advice, but the arrows then work very strange. Can I choose _how_ they should work? That way the keys in former versions worked (and I am used to use them) is much more logically. Regards Ronald (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

Edit: The arrow keys always work in the direction of the last selected part. This functionality is very unlogically because one single parts moves to different directions by using the same arrow key depending on which other part(s) is (are) (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) If you move the mouse over a piece in the tree it will show you its number, the option for showing numbers is gone and should have been removed from the menu. I'd like to keep the tree as simple as possible, having the numbers there leaves (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) Cool options. Fine :-) (...) Ok, I can understand this. Best regards Ronald (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

Hmm, for me that trick worked. When I check the 'fixed direction keys' option everything works exactly like in the previous versions of Leocad. Sorry, I have no idea what to do now. (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) Hi Robert. I'm sorry, but in the new version there are a lot of strange things regarding the moving of parts and regarding the view of parts which definately haven't been in previous versions . I now tested a lot of things. Here is what I did (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) Try checking the "Don't allow relative snap" option in the preferences dialog, it should make things work like in the previous version. I tried to match the mouse and keyboard movement but maybe it's not very intuitive to have the directions (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) Hi, thanx for the quick help :-) This works fine and gives me hope that my current project could be finished soon! (...) That may depend on how one is used to work. New users might find the new way better. (...) It's a little bit confusing and (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) You're right, I'll switch the front and back cameras. I'm just trying to get everything to be more consistent and easier to use. (...) This is a bug, I broke it while adding the new snap options but I've just checked in a fix. If you want I (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LeoCad version 0.75

(...) Hi, tankx for this offer but I'll wait for the next official update because meanwhile I found another (maybe unusual) way to move pieces in very fine steps: If a new piece is inserted and the "Angle Snap Toggle" button is not locked, shift (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad.leocad)