 CAD / LeoCAD / 154
Re: LeoCad version 0.75
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:51:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.leocad, Leonardo Zide wrote:
   Try checking the "Don't allow relative snap" option in the
preferences dialog, it should make things work like in the previous version.

Hi,
thanx for the quick help :-)
This works fine and gives me hope that my current project could be finished
soon!

   I tried to match the mouse and keyboard movement but maybe it's not
very intuitive to have the directions change based on the piece
orientation when using the arrow keys.

That may depend on how one is used to work. New users might find the new way
better.

   The main camera was switched to match the preview window, so when a
new piece is added it's consistent with the preview, and the preview
shows most patterned pieces from the 'front'.

It's a little bit confusing and it's also unlogic for me. You have to build
everything with the front side in the right upper corner, so you'll see a car
i.e. always from the back side in the main view. But I can live with it.

I found something more which seems to get lost in the new version:

How can I move pieces now with more precision? In former versions this worked by
holding down the crtl key and than positioning the pieces with the arrow keys.
The help says '3D snap' has to be active but I don't find this option
anywhere...

Greetings Ronald