Re: Articles on ldraw.org out of date - I can help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 00:35:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   Well, because MLCad’s process is so manual, it is very easy to create MPD files that are incomplete or not in the right order.

One of MPD’s rules is that the first FILE is the top level model. I’ve gotten plenty of letters from people who say they take the MPD file they created in MLCad into LPub and it deosn’t do the right thing. Typically because they have not had the top level file as the first FILE.

Curiously enough, the tutorial cited (http://www.ldraw.org/Article102.html) recommends making the first submodel an empty model in order to “help in speeding up the upload time” for large models.

I think it’s interesting that MPD is still often presented as an extension to the language rather than an integral component.

Allen