Re: Articles on ldraw.org out of date - I can help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 01:32:17 GMT

I hate to bring this up, but I've noticed some of the Mac related
questions I get may be because the tutorials are all MLCad specific.
Is it possible to include information on that page how to do it on
Mac with Bricksmith?

Becuase sadly when I was creating tutorials/articles for the site I only focused
on the WINDOWS side of the house since I have zero MAC experience. =(

MLCAD is the dominate GUI that users use when using LDraw.

There is something wrong with the table on that webpage.  Using
Firefox or Safari on Mac, steps 7 to 13 are crammed into a small
column on the far right hand side of the screen leaving a large white
empty space.

Yes the pages were originally designed and test in IE and no one ever got around
to ever testing them with all the new browsers.  When I use IE they look fine
but when I use Firefox they are all over the place.

Guess we still need IE for some thing. =)
Wiki is sounding VERY enticing at this point!

James

The Wiki plan would REALLY help out as I don't have too much time anymore to
develop new articles or update the ones that are on the site.  In addition, I
have fallen behind in the technology curve in terms of some of the new software
that is used.  For example I don't touch LDLite or the LDD.  Don't have a need
for LDLite (MLCAD,L3P,L3PAO, LPUB and POV work for what I use to do) and LDD is
just a horrible ldraw "wanna-be" application and needs way, way, way too much
developing before its any good.

When we have gotten question about LDLite I try to help as much as I can but
typically pass the request to someone who knows more about that application than
me. As the main help desk guy at LDraw I feel this is wrong but at times it's
just too much with everything else I have going on in my life.

LEGO has sadly taken a very back seat in my "car of life".  Just last week i
finally got around to unpacking a LEGO box that I had in the garage (where all
the rest of the LEGO is at) to build one of my favoirte models for my den.

Apart from that I while I have LDraw and all the software installed I don't play
around with it anymore. =(  Only when a question comes in.

AHui