Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 17:19:14 GMT

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 09:54:42PM +0000, Dean Earley wrote:
Could do that, or tar (which would work for non-DAT files, if
needed).  I'd be tempted to add a zip compression (as an option) on
the stream, since it should compress so nicely... :)

Wont most servers (and clients) automatically use gzip or similar if
they both support it?

If the client supports it, yes.  But unless LDView specifically says it
does, the server will assume it can't.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com