Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 03:35:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dean Earley wrote:
I definitely think that LDView should produce a warning for every
unofficial file used.  In fact, this is probably a good idea, whether
or not this new feature is included.  I could make it do so any time
LDView sees the unofficial header comment in a file that's not
included in an MPD, it would produce a warning.  And any time it
reads a file from the LDraw p or parts directory without an official
header comment, it could also produce a warning.

Can this be an option as I review all my "unofficial parts in
development" with LDView :D

Any error or warning in LDView can be disabled simply by unchecking the
appropriate type from the list on the errors and warnings dialog box.
Additionally, warnings aren't displayed at all by default.  You have to check
the "Show warnings" check box in the errors and warnings dialog in order to see
them.

Also, if you open the part itself directly, there's no reason to show a warning
about the part being unofficial.

--Travis