 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / *1686 (-20)
  Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones

(...) In the Windows Users download page (URL) Stl2dat is reported to be "STL2DAT BETA 9" It has actually version 1.0 as reported when you follow the link (URL) a bug, but a wish in the part tracker : Could it be possible to see a list of reviews of (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Font too small for Mac

(...) Agreed. Netscape (Unix) & fonts have never got on particularly well 8?( but the user should be able to decide what size font to display (and all other characteristics) with hints only from the site developer. ROSCO (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones

Picking out the bits I'm qualified for replying to... (...) It's not surprising that these two pages are weird/broken - they never existed before this new web layout. For the new /library/unofficial/, we copied the Part Tracker's Download page. For (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [parts tracker] search by AUTHOR

(...) Not too hard. But it would be somewhat slow right now, because it would be searching all the files on the site. I'm working on a new database for the PT, that will include more data (like Author information), and will make it more available (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposal: "Round"

(...) I tend to agree with you on this. Steve (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM and SOTM voting on hold

(...) I have tested the voting system on the new site, and everything seems to work fine. Those who haven't had a chance to vote yet in the January 2002 MOTM contest can do it at: (URL) "I am an old man now, and when I die and go to Heaven there are (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Font too small for Mac

(...) Noooo! Just make things right. Also, all those annoying, much too wide tables, makes the site almost completely unusable for me (unless I use lynx). If you want to make a multi-column layout, please do it with CSS. Jacob (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Font too small for Mac

(...) Certainly! But I think Tim actually has _tried_ to move closer to the intentions with HTML with this redesign. I have not had time to look properly at the pages yet, so I can not say how close he managed to get. (...) :-) Jacob (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones

1. I don't know about anyone else, but the Downloads column of each of the various OS download pages (all of which say "Not Yet Available") make it sound like none of the tools can be downloaded yet. Perhaps it should be something like "# of (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  A couple of tutorial items (Was: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones)

(...) Okay, I've found a few, just in the tutorial area. I'm replying online as requested, but warning, my item #2 could be a little insensitive. 1: In Brad Hamilton's Freeform Camera position tutorial, (URL) , the POV source code of a camera block (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  MOTM and SOTM voting on hold

Just to let everyone know... The Model/Scene of the Month competition is on "hold" for a short time. We have to get the scripts and html to all work together again with the new site structure. And we couldn't really do anything until the site went (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  RE: Font too small for Mac

TWS Garrison (...) Agreed...logical markup allows people without a new browser or everything turned off to interpret the site correctly, even if it isn't pretty. CSS still allows you to modify the way the headers and such display, even if it doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish)

  RE: Font too small for Mac

(...) like the smallest font size is 8 pt. Perhaps Tim should change the fonts to be declared in relative font sizes instead of absolute point sizes. Tim: use TD { font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 0.9em; font-weight: normal; } (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The LDraw Community is what each person makes it

(...) I've put together a tutorial. It is the first in a series on how I put my LDRAW POVRAY animations together. I'm looking for feedback and mistakes. It's at (URL) if you think it is worthy, feel free to link to it or repost it. (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Font too small for Mac

(...) Out of curiousity, I tried this on my Mac (iMac 333, MacOS 8.6 - yes, I am a ludite). I got the same 'too small' with MSIE 4.5, but got a good font display (I assume the issue is the radio buttons on the right) using Netscape 4.76. Ray (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Font too small for Mac

(...) different sizes? Of course, I can't see that, because *everything* has fonts that look too small in Solaris/Netscape, so I require all basic text to be displayed at what Netscape calls 24pt (more like 14pt). HTML is designed for that kind of (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones

(...) Okay. I don't think these fall into the categories of known bugs you mentioned. . . On this page: (URL) talks about downloading unofficial parts one-by-one, but only provides a link to download them all at once. This link is broken. Following (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Font too small for Mac

"James Reynolds" <james.e.reynolds@m.....utah.edu> wrote in message news:GqAtyy.7IL@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) way, the fonts can stay the same on the PC (where they are perfect size). I wish the browsers/fonts didn't display differently between (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Font too small for Mac

The fonts on (URL) are too small for the mac. Here is what the main page looks like on a Mac for both Netscape and Explorer: (URL) Reynolds (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  DOH! An additional thanks (How could I forget??).

(...) DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH!! How could I POSSIBLY forget Terry Keller! My most sincere apologies. Terry has worked diligently for over a year (unsure of the exact duration, probably closer to two years) on the Model of the Month and new Scene of the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact