Re: Font too small for Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:37:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Thomas Garrison writes:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, James Reynolds wrote:

The fonts on http://www.ldraw.org are too small for the mac.  Here is
what the main page looks like on a Mac for both Netscape and Explorer:

http://firebolt.mlmc.utah.edu/~james/ldraw/explorer.jpg
http://firebolt.mlmc.utah.edu/~james/ldraw/netscape.jpg

Fascinating.  So the Reference, Download, etc. headers are supposed to be
different sizes?  Of course, I can't see that, because *everything* has
fonts that look too small in Solaris/Netscape, so I require all basic text
to be displayed at what Netscape calls 24pt (more like 14pt).  HTML is
designed for that kind of thing.

Agreed. Netscape (Unix) & fonts have never got on particularly well 8?( but the
user should be able to decide what size font to display (and all other
characteristics) with hints only from the site developer.

ROSCO