 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 700
Re: How do I get these new applications working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:55:31 GMT

Don Heyse <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Erik L. Knopp wrote:
It is good to see new LDRAW applications (Bricksmith 1.0, LDGLite
1.1.18) coming out for the Mac. However, I can't seem to get either of
them to display some of the .dat files I've collected from various
sources. I have viewed them using MLCad on a Windows machine, so I'm
thinking the files are okay. The behavior I'm seeing essentially amounts
to no parts being shown (white screen.) Other files only partially
display. Are there some steps I might have overlooked when installing
the applicaions? How long should it take with either application for the
parts to appear? I'm running them on a 20" 2GHz iMac G5, with Mac OS X
Tiger 10.4.2.

Sounds like it can't find the parts.  For ldglite, you can use the
instructions here.  For BrickSmith, I suspect your best bet is to use
the one that comes with the parts.

  http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/osxinstall.html

Good luck,

Don

I do have the parts that came with the Bricksmith download. I placed the
folder in the /Library directory. I believe I have set both applications
to look at that location. After some further experimenting, I have now
found some files that appear to fully display in Bricksmith, but only a
couple of parts show, if any, in LDGLite. (Still have files that do not
display in either application.)

I followed the instructions at the link you provided and downloaded the
.tar archive from ldraw.org and replaced the ldraw folder with that one.
Still having the results decribed above.

Erik