 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 699
Re: LDGLite (on OS X) and Bricksmith
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:37:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Joe Strout wrote:
   So, I got LDGLite working on my Mac, and dragged a file made with Bricksmith onto it. This file has a subassembly (submodel?). LDGLite renders nicely, except that my submodel doesn’t appear where it should be on the final model; instead it’s sitting on the floor, intersecting the main model. Does anyone have any insight on that?

Can you post the file? Otherwise it’s kinda hard to tell...

   Apart from that, I do quite like the way it renders. Very pretty. :)

Thanks, and with the FatLines ™ trick Larry mentioned you should be able to get even prettier output for publishing instructions, although I’ve never actually tried it on OS X. (And I think his trick involves a script which also calls ImageMagick, Paint Shop Pro, or some such program to rescale things.)

Right. Set the lines REALLY fat, render REALLY huge, then shrink the image which gives you nice antialiasing effects... LDLite now lets you set infinite canvas

How closely does LDGLite mimic the switches/flags, etc?

Should be pretty close, they share the same codebase. However I think some opengl implementations may limit your canvas to a bit less than infinite for ldglite. I think you get pretty good antialiasing just by scaling by 2 or 3. Here are some example scripts using netpbm to rescale the output images.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=5344 and http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=10023

Have fun,

Don