 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 690
Re: LDGLite (on OS X) and Bricksmith
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Joe Strout wrote:
   So, I got LDGLite working on my Mac, and dragged a file made with Bricksmith onto it. This file has a subassembly (submodel?). LDGLite renders nicely, except that my submodel doesn’t appear where it should be on the final model; instead it’s sitting on the floor, intersecting the main model. Does anyone have any insight on that?

Can you post the file? Otherwise it’s kinda hard to tell...

   Apart from that, I do quite like the way it renders. Very pretty. :)

Thanks, and with the FatLines ™ trick Larry mentioned you should be able to get even prettier output for publishing instructions, although I’ve never actually tried it on OS X. (And I think his trick involves a script which also calls ImageMagick, Paint Shop Pro, or some such program to rescale things.)

Don

If you don’t have ImageMagick for OS X yet, I imagine you will soon. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s already there though as it might be installed with the underlying *nix OS programs.

Tim