 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 712
Re: How do I get these new applications working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:54:29 GMT

Don Heyse <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

Another thing to try is open up a terminal window and run it on the
command line.  I think there's some information on setting that up in
the installation instructions.  It prints all sorts of useful information
to the console when run from the command line.  Maybe that'll help
figure out where the parts are hiding.

Don

I found the following in the instructions at
<http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/osxinstall.html>:

Step 6: Accessing the Command Line Versions of ldglite and mklist The
command line versions of ldglite and mklist are inside the ldglite.app
application bundle. To launch ldglite or mklist from the command line you
will either have to specify the path or create a soft link to the file.

For example, ln -s /path-to-ldglite.app/ldglite.app/Contents/MacOS/ldglite
~/ldglite

Do I just type in the command above into Terminal, replacing
"path-to-ldglite.app" with the path to where I have LDGLITE?
(In my case, it is in a "LDGLtite for OSX" folder in the "Applications"
folder. I'm not that familiar with using Terminal, how would I enter
that path?)

On the Bricksmith side of things, I've determined that it does not
appear to check the folder the opened dat file resides in for submodels.
The files that were not displaying in Bricksmith were ones that just had
commands for positioning submodels, the dat files for the submodels were
in the same folder as the positioning dat. I was able to get those
models to display by cutting and pasting the submodel dat files into the
positioning dat file, and adding a "0 FILE submodelname.dat" line before
each submodel. Should it be working that way?

Erik