 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 711
Re: How do I get these new applications working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:38:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
Erik L. Knopp wrote:
Don Heyse <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:
Sounds like it can't find the parts.  For ldglite, you can use the
instructions here.  For BrickSmith, I suspect your best bet is to use
the one that comes with the parts.

  http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/osxinstall.html

I do have the parts that came with the Bricksmith download. I placed the
folder in the /Library directory. I believe I have set both applications
to look at that location. After some further experimenting, I have now
found some files that appear to fully display in Bricksmith, but only a
couple of parts show, if any, in LDGLite. (Still have files that do not
display in either application.)

I followed the instructions at the link you provided and downloaded the
.tar archive from ldraw.org and replaced the ldraw folder with that one.
Still having the results decribed above.

So in LDGlite, most of the files open up and show nothing, and a few of
the files show a couple of bricks?

launch your teminal.app and type

more .MacOSX/environment.plist

Do you see something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.
com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
         <key>LDGLITEARGS</key>
         <string>-LE -v800,537</string>
         <key>LDRAWDIR</key>
         <string>/Users/username/Library/ldraw</string>
</dict>
</plist>

<string>/Users/username/Library/ldraw</string> should be the path to
your LDRAW folder. But if some of the parts are showing, then LDGLite is
finding them. If LDGLite couldn't find your LDRAW folder you would see
only a white window. I am not a programer, but I am Don's beta tester :)

And package manager/instructions writer/web page updater...  I'll get
you programming soon enough. :^)

Could you e-mail me one of the dats? I want to see if they will work here.

Another thing to try is open up a terminal window and run it on the
command line.  I think there's some information on setting that up in
the installation instructions.  It prints all sorts of useful information
to the console when run from the command line.  Maybe that'll help
figure out where the parts are hiding.

Don