 CAD / Development / 9272
Re: Rubber Colors Needed (Was: Color Definition for Dull Silver)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:01:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
The link to bricklink also suggest that there were white tyres.
Where did these come from and do we need a white rubber color, too?

Niels

I saw that link at Brickshelf, too, and was very surprised. Never heard of
that those tyres came in white. Samsonite maybe? I'm tempted to buy a couple
just to satisfy my curiousity.

I seem to have a few of these white (sort of a chalky gray-white, in my
collection) tires from the early 70's, but I have no idea which of my early sets
included them.  I always figured that the white color was simply a sign of
degraded rubber.

While we're on the subject of old tire-forms, has the old 2x4 wheel-holder brick
been modelled in LDraw?  The one with the clear underside and axle inserts on
the sides?  And what about those wheels with the metal posts?

I could probably research this myself, but my need for instant trivia
gratification demands an answer!

     Dave!