 CAD / Development / 9270
Re: Color Definition for Dull Silver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:41:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
I agree with Cary and Steve that dithering should go.  Who needs it?
The renderer should be able to convert from true color to dithered
colors if the display is underpowered.

It's needed for backwards compability. Using an old/not updated renderer
shouldn't make the rendering look awkward. But using a newer renderer should
make it better.

So is the case with grey rubber, black rubber, and electric conductor. When
possible, we should pick a number that looks acceptable in old renderers.

Just my SEK 2:00
/Tore