 CAD / Development / 9251
Re: Color Definition for Dull Silver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:06:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Based on some discussion off Lugnet, it has been decided that the color
number for Dull (Brushed) Silver will be 375 (dithered color 7 and
color 7).  Michael said he'll update MLCad and I'm adding this to the
lugnetcolors.inc file used by Jeroen's Radiosity includes and updateing
the color chart on LDraw.org.

Is this the same as the Peeron FlatSilver or DkFlatSilver colors?

  http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors

Or is it something not listed there?  If it's not, which parts use it
so those of us using opengl can get an idea of the specular qualities?

Don

PS.  Why does all the discussion of the lugnetcolors.inc file seem
to happen off lugnet?  It's much easier to search lugnet a year later
for the reasons behind these decisions than to search through old
email.