 CAD / Development / 8390
Re: Latest BFC Spec?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 02:18:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:
Thanks to everyone for the info.

Now that I'm reading the spec, I have a question (and may have more later).
In one part, it lists three conditions that must be met in order for BFC
clipping to occur.  The last condition is the following:

4    - No superfile has disabled clipping prior to referencing this
4      subfile.

As far as I can tell by reading later in the document, this is actually not
true.  The description of the NOCLIP option says the following:

4 This option disables the clip-mode in the current file.

The key phrase here is "current file".  It doesn't say "current file and all
subfiles".  Since "current file" isn't in the list of definitions, I have to
assume it means exactly what it says, which means no subfiles.

Sorry this wasn't clear.  It does mean 'current file and all subfiles'.
More accurately, it means 'turn off clipping until/unless it gets turned
back on in this file, overriding any possibility of clipping in a subfile,
until the end of this file'.

What if file has NOCLIP, and subfile has CLIP (with or without accompanying
NOCLIP)? Couldn't that become confusing? Should it automagically revert back
to NOCLIP when the subfile is finished?

ROSCO