 CAD / Development / 8386
Re: Latest BFC Spec?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:38:06 GMT

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Now that I'm reading the spec, I have a question (and may have more later).
In one part, it lists three conditions that must be met in order for BFC
clipping to occur.  The last condition is the following:

4    - No superfile has disabled clipping prior to referencing this
4      subfile.

As far as I can tell by reading later in the document, this is actually not
true.  The description of the NOCLIP option says the following:

4 This option disables the clip-mode in the current file.

The key phrase here is "current file".  It doesn't say "current file and all
subfiles".  Since "current file" isn't in the list of definitions, I have to
assume it means exactly what it says, which means no subfiles.

So, is NOCLIP supposed to disable clipping in subfiles as well as the
current file, or just the current file?  I hope it doesn't disable clipping
in subfiles, because NOCERTIFY does exactly that already.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)