 CAD / Development / 6345
Re: terrain in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:09:08 GMT

Actually, I was hoping to incorporate .DEM files into LDraw.  At first
glance I thought your utility could do that.  It does so, but it generates
studs instead of just plain polygons.  Now, I can do this just as easily by
doing a search over at the Geological survey and finding some utility that
exports GIS survey files into POVray.  Then, I can edit those files in
POVray.  That's ok, I don't need to use your utility to do it.  I can just
go over there and find the utility.  I can then texture map them in POVray.
It would just be easier to orient the world files if the GIS information
were included as a DAT file(s).

Thanks for the help, and sorry to make you rack your brains toward finding a
solution.

Mike

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Mike:

Sorry to upset you.

I am not upset. I am just bad at writing English. I might
want to make the program do what you want, but I can't if
you don't tell me what's missing.

Jacob