 CAD / Development / 6299
Re: terrain in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:48:19 GMT

How do you get the .PGM format?  I have converted .DEM to .BMP before.  Is
it much different?

    Mike

PS - Do you have any screenshots?  I noticed there weren't any on your website.

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Mike:

I don't know if anyone's ever thought of this, but it would be cool if you
were able to import a terrain file into LDraw, in a way that LDraw could
read it.  This way, you could place your models on "real world terrain"
without having to work in a different program.

My "fractal landscape" package can do that, if you can
figure out how to convert your terrain to Portable Graymap
(PGM) format:

http://www.ldraw.org/download/software/fractal_landscape_generator

Jacob