 CAD / Development / 5552 (-20)
  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

(...) Hmm. Which version of L3Lab do you have? Lars had to make some changes, so it would listen to LDAO. I've got L3Lab 1.2. (...) Yeah, LDAO uses a couple of temporary files -- one file gets the current DAT code, the other file has a single line, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

(...) No, I do not remember. I just updated LDAO to 2.1.4. By clicking on the Render button, I get a window that tries to run ledit.exe. It errors and gives me a "out of memory error" eh?, ok... in a DOS world... I changed the render button to use (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Sub Models

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:G40vuq.LE9@lugnet.com... (...) anyway. D M Garcia (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Sub Models

I did the MCM, and posted it here: (URL) you would like the version with subfiles, just LMK -John Van "D M Garcia" <dmglego@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G3yxyn.1F4@lugnet.com... (...) and I (...) parts. (...) configurations. (...) get an (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Sub Models

(...) Are you asking from an asthetics POV, or do you mean technically? Technically, there's no hard limit on the number of sub-models. I've got one MPD that has 87 files, and it draws fine as either a single MPD file, or as a collection of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

(...) OK. Do you remember what happened, launching from the editor? (...) You can get the 'upgrade' to 2.1.4 on the LDAO download page. Go to (URL), and scroll to the bottom. Look for the line that says "Door Number 3". This download a zip file, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

(...) I'm not sure... I just updated the image, see what you think. (URL) put two LDview windows at the bottom, one with high quality on and the other with it off. Paul (URL) (finished parts) (URL) (in process) (URL) (planned) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

(...) I opened each window by running a l3lab.exe shortcut. Then drag&drop the same file to each window. (...) I tried lauching from the editor a few times with poor results. So I just open a few windows and turn on the polling feature. I wasn't (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Sub Models

Well, when I am looking at other people's models, I tend to store them in their own separate directory whenever they have ANY submodels, so having more doesn't bother me much. One thing that I do find to be annoying is when there are lots of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

"Paul Easter" <pneaster@knoxy.net> wrote in message news:G3v7zn.B3B@lugnet.com... (...) without (...) the (...) If the lines are semi-randomly dotted when high-quality edges is turned on, this most likely indicates it's not working. It doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Sub Models

Is it possible to have too many sub models? I am working on 6989, and I currently have about 12 sub-models, 1 for each of most of the moving parts. I chose to do this so the model could be shown in different configurations. Its not particularly for (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

(...) Wow. Did you launch all of those L3Lab windows from LDAO's Editor (the 'Camera' button), or did you open them separately? I've had some intermittent goofiness with launching multiple view-windows from the Editor. Steve (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I'm doing the revolving/"secret" door parts

(...) I'm not sure. Other than the printing, I don't know of any other post-mold processing that would be done on this part. One of the numbers on the Ninja door panel looked suspiciously like it had been imprinted on the door at some time after the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New version beta 9 of stl2dat converter

Hi to all part modelers I have upload a new version of my STL to Dat converter. It handles better than before the detection of cylinders. Reminder : This program allows to modelise Lego parts with classical Computer Aided Design (CAD) software by (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  changes to titles/keywords for SW minifig faces (re-post?)

(I tried posting this message, and one or two others, today using my usual method (email), but since none of them have shown up yet at all, I'm re-posting this message another way, using the "New" icon.) Hi! Based on the feedback I've received, I'm (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

(...) Actually I had the "high quality turned off. It does work. I just needed the lines to show up better while I was creating them. (...) After almost every line change. Ctrl-S shortcut. No I do not believe there was any noticable delay with such (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I'm doing the revolving/"secret" door parts

(...) The only other occurance of this type that I am aware of is the bucket lids. Some of these have two moulded on numbers, which are clearly part numbers. I've been advised in the past that this was because the large LEGO / DUPLO logos are (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

Cool! Looks like you could use a bigger monitor ;-). However, I must admit, that's an impressively efficient use of screen real estate. The LDView window also proves that OpenGL can even sometimes be useful without 3D acceleration. It's a shame the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.

Here is just a screenshot while I was working on a current part. (URL) hope this answers a few peoples questions. (Lars, does this give you any ideas?) Paul (URL) (finished parts) (URL) (in process) (URL) (planned) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I'm doing the revolving/"secret" door parts  [DAT]

(...) Nah, it's just a hidden door, with a frame. Just like any other door-in-frame assembly. Just my opinion, of course. (...) Hmm. This *could* call for a "~Moved to" file, but "~Moved to"'s have historically been caused by corrections within the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact