 CAD / Development / 5327
5326  |  5328
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: tubing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:51:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I'm not a parts author, I don't really understand the theory of making things
the right size. How hard would it be to make up a spreadsheet or something to
let me generate arbitrary lengths of tubing (straight only) that don't have
the "can't move in the long axis direction" problem (*which I hate!*)? Is that
something that I could puzzle out in short order? Are there spreadsheets for
generating things that would help me figure things out? Is this a daft
question?

I think the "can't move in the long direction" problem would be solved if
you put the modified command line in a separate dat file, then used that
new file like a part.

For example (and only slightly in a different direction, style-wise), you
could make a new DAT file, called tube112.dat (store it in your main model
file's directory), and put the following lines in it (sniped from 75.dat
and modified):

1 16  0  55 0  1 0 0  0   1 0  0 0 1 76.DAT
1 16  0 -55 0  1 0 0  0 110 0  0 0 1 77.DAT
1 16  0 -55 0  1 0 0  0  -1 0  0 0 1 76.DAT

Steve