 CAD / Development / 5378
Re: tubing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:18:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote...
The suggestion given earlier to create an ersatz part that embeds the scaled
76 in it, ensuring that the 76 is somewhere else, sounds like it might fool
your scaler into just shrinking the end by the .5 LDU standard instead of 28
times that much.

No, I'm afraid this won't work. The 76.dat is NOT somewhere else,
it is still in PARTS. You only move the referencing line type 1 to another • file.
(I take it you are referring to Steve's 112.dat)

The clue is to prevent L3xx from finding 76.dat in PARTS,
because seams are added to files from that directory.
/Lars

Hmm... maybe then I need to generate my own custom version of 76.dat by not
resizing/scaling but instead reshaping it to be the right length. I need to
look at that. (callit 76_26plates.dat when it is 26 plates long, etc.)

Like I said, I think this is doable in excel, I need to read up on part
formats to see...

I bet people would use tubing in their renderings more if someone posted an
excel spreadsheet to generate custom length straight tubes.

Either that or move 76.dat from /parts to /p ??