 CAD / Development / 5375
Re: tubing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 03:19:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Lars C. Hassing writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote...
Ok, for anyone that wants to give this a whirl... I've attached a sample • MPD.
It has tubing the length I expect... 14 plates high. It renders fine in • MLCad
and in L3Lab (using the versions I posted earlier). Running it through • either
L3P or L3Lab to produce a POV file gives the shortened tubing effect.
(snip)

1 14 -70 -129 50 0 0 -1 0 112 0 1 0 0 76.DAT
1 14 70 -129 50 0 0 -1 0 112 0 1 0 0 76.DAT

My "fake" seams seem to be the problem ;-)

Great sleuthing. I'd say that is it.

The suggestion given earlier to create an ersatz part that embeds the scaled
76 in it, ensuring that the 76 is somewhere else, sounds like it might fool
your scaler into just shrinking the end by the .5 LDU standard instead of 28
times that much.

Thanks!
++Lar