 CAD / Development / 5140
5139  |  5141
Subject:
"Needs Work"- Needs Work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 02:30:27 GMT

We need to set some kind of time limit for parts that 'Need Work'. I was looking
through the parts list and found one that was in a 97 update. And it still needs
work. The flower parts are another example. When will these 'Needs Work' parts
be updated?

I think we should change our policy on 'Needs Work' parts.

If a part is voted as 'Needs Work' then it should not be released in the current
vote. It should be removed and the author should fix the part for the next vote.
It seems like people vote 'Needs Work' for every part that has problems- IMO
this is degrading the quality of our parts. Why put a lot of work on a part when
it can still be released no matter what condition it is in?

If it is a part people want and can't wait for it to be fixed, then they can
email the author or wait for it to be posted in the lugnet.cad.parts newsgroup,
but it should not be released in an Official Update.

Adam Howard