 CAD / Development / 5139
Re: Gappy Spheroids?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 00:44:52 GMT

The version of L3Lab I have (1.2, which appears to be the current version)
has a seams option in the View menu, as well as a toolbar button.  My LDView
program has a "Seam Width" option, inspired by L3P/L3Lab.  Setting this
width to 0 in LDView turns seams off.  Also, if you're really trying to see
how the facets fit together, turn of line types 2 and 5 in L3Lab.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:
I forgot to mention.  If you are examining a piece, it is usually much
easier to determine surface characteristics (or flaws) if it is opaque.

  You're right of course, but I didn't have another example available to • me
here at work.  You mentioned something I hadn't considered, though; does • L3Lab
have a "seams" function, other than "show color 24 as black"?  I hadn't • even
considered the L3P seaming function, but that's an interesting thought, • too.
  Thanks once again!

     Dave!