 CAD / Development / 5157
Re: "Needs Work"- Needs Work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 18:02:34 GMT

"Chris Dee" <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:G0Kq01.MKC@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Easter wrote:

Is there a way we could put these parts on a html "page" somewhere for • current
parts authors to offer to fix them?

Hmm.  I've been thinking about various things that need attention in the
parts library, and how those things could be publicized.  A "Things You
Could Do" page might be a good thing.  Then again, it could easily turn
into an ever-growing laundry list...

Steve
Do you have a breakdown of "Needs work" parts, split between "active" • authors
and "non-active" authors, or even just categorised by author? Might help • to
identify which parts we have a realistic chance of getting completed by • the
orginal author and which are targets for anyone to fix (or re-write).

Chris

What do you all think of a page like:

http://www.ldraw.org/dev/parts/

Where resources could be gathered for parts and some sort of permanent parts
tracker could be established?

I'll have to examine things to do with the site on a broader scale
sometime...sit down and plan out a method of attack for me.  My apologies
that I have not had the time to devote to it that I would like - there's a
lot that I'm actually capable of doing that I haven't yet, but really want
to.  I feel like I'm letting the community down in a sense, by not
maintaining the resource to the best of my ability.  Still, I have 2 things
right now that are more important than the site - school, and work with my
internet startup. :\
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114