 CAD / Development / 5151
Re: "Needs Work"- Needs Work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 01:30:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Adam Howard writes:
We need to set some kind of time limit for parts that 'Need Work'.

I don't think that a time limit would work.  What would we do, delete the
files if time expires?
Not sure... I do not think that deleting them is the answer.

I was looking through the parts list and found one that was in a 97 update.
And it still needs work. The flower parts are another example. When will
these 'Needs Work' parts be updated?

If they're the parts I'm thinking of, you're going to have a hard time getting
the Original Author to work on them.
Is there a way we could put these parts on a html "page" somewhere for current
parts authors to offer to fix them?

I think we should change our policy on 'Needs Work' parts.

That might be very true.

The entire parts-approval process is going to change.  I think the "Needs
Work" tag will become an item of negotiation.  If a part has some visible
deficiency, the author will have to show that the problem is very hard to
resolve.  Otherwise, they'll just have to fix the issue.

Also, we should add comments to the file, describing what it is that "needs
work".

Steve
Sounds good!

Paul