 CAD / Development / 4921
Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:01:08 GMT

Yesterday I did some tests and I found out, that just the MFC-code is using
the user-preferences for proxies and other internet-settings on NT and 98. So
I feel at least under Windows I HAVE TO GO the MFC way :-(

However a different point is that under Windows people are used to have GUI's
not plain command-tools .. maybe this is different to Linux users.

The (first) download-tool will be integrated into my installation tool for
MLCad which requires some tricky handling with Dll-s since I don't have the
full version of it, just what comes with VC++.

I'll try to keep this Dll-code as portable as possible .. so that I can create
a normal link-library also which should be portable to other platforms as well
(except the http-download stuff).

So long,
   Michael