 CAD / Development / 4911
Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:15:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Rui Manuel Silva Martins writes:
<SNIP>
<INSERT JAVA>
Actually it can, and it's also a lot easyer, since there are already made
packages for each of those protocols.

Ok, let us use Java, never used it but I always like to learn new things :-)

Regarding the file, I would like to deal with the generic info file on
ldraw.org (currently in work I think) and a similar version containing
installed things, stored in Ldraw-root path.
Then we do not have to deal with times and dates, and already have something
which other programs can use as well.

The other thing now is, that many people might try to include the downloading
stub into theire programs ... can we create a dll using Java, since most of
the tools are currently running under Windows we might need it .. and java
applets or active x controls seem not to be the right choice for this kind of
software (the downloading stuff I mean).

Michael