 CAD / Development / 4132 (-20)
  Re: MPD spec

(...) I think part of the problem is that MPD files are currently being used differently than they were originally intended. Rui's ideas would benefit a lot of people trying to make use of MPD. But these changes would defeat current uses of the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

I too would pay $10 to $20 for the disk, If just to support the cause. I really appreciate that I got so many quality tools for free in the first place. -Chuck (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

Rui: (...) I do use it for "batch processing". (...) That's while I added the "NOFILE" meta-command at some point. I think it was Jeremy who made me aware of the need for that. (...) I think you could say so. I wrote the definition and the first (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) So are you available to help define a better/improved Multi Part Dat format, not necessarilly with MPD extension ? By using your experience with the current MPD format ? including the splitter and Builder ! What would you improve ? Do you (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) I believe the answer would be Yes and Yes. Steve (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Wheel Technic 20x30 DAT file wanted

(...) Are you looking for <part:6582> and <part:6581>? They are the 20 X 30 ballon wheel parts. -Duane (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) Nice regular expression ! (...) There is NO problem with that, because, every mail/news reader supports the [uuencode] format and most support the [MIME] format. Maybe you just want to convert directly from a mail dump ? But that can easilly (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Wheel Technic 20x30 DAT file wanted

Hi, I don't know if i'm on the right place to ask if anyone has a Technic Wheel 20x30 .DAT file? I wan't to draw my 'OCTAN' gas car and i'm missing the wheel. It's similar to the 'Wheel Technic 24x43 (LDRAW Part 3739)', but the 20x30 is 4 studs wide (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

Rui: (...) ^^^...^^^ s/want to have/can't avoid having/ (...) The MPD format has been designed for easy handling through NNTP and SMTP, which means that I have to accept standard mail and news headers before the actual content. I don't intent to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: stl2dat conversion tool beta 4

(...) It seams like a great work ! (...) I'm one of the probably most interested persons in this, but I'm affraid I can't try it right now, too much going on in my life right now. As soon as I can, I will try it, and also will email you some source (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) I'm sorry bu this is NOT true ! Also my suggestion to the MPD format only assumes an implicit (0 FILE model.dat) at the begining of the file. so the processing is almost exactly the same as before. (...) The current (the one beeing used now) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) OK, I stand corrected ! (...) My NOTE had no intention to be ofensive. I'm sorry if you took it ofensively, that was NOT the intention. I also dislike windows, unfortunatly, some people (like me) are forced to try to work (sometimes it's (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: advice for CATEGORY - Pirate Cutlass and Castle Greatsword

(...) My recommendation is to use "Minifig Accessory" as the category for both of these parts. If you look at (URL), the list in the left-hand frame shows all the 'categories' that are currently in use for LDraw parts. Most of these 'categories' are (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  advice for CATEGORY - Pirate Cutlass and Castle Greatsword

Hi! I'm trying to convert the Pirate Cutlass and the Castle Greatsword into DAT files, and I had a question about the CATEGORY command line. Specifically, what Category (or Categories) should I list for these two pieces? On the one hand, I could (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLITE- Solaris Version

(...) I just checked, you can get OpenGl for Solaris straight from Sun at (URL) not sure if it comes with glut, but the main glut site had links to Solaris binaries. (URL) all you need to do is compile ldglite and unarj the parts archives. I no (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLITE- Solaris Version

(...) Yes, the linux executable is for x86 with (I believe) glibc 1.1. Do you have access to a compiler? It shouldn't be too much trouble to compile, although you also have to get Mesa or real OpenGl. I believe you can get a prebuilt Mesa binary for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDGLITE- Solaris Version

Is a version of LDGLITE available for use on Sun Workstations The Linux executable didn't work ( Suspect its ix86 rather than SPARC!) Alex (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  stl2dat conversion tool beta 4

A new release of stl2dat is available here (URL) have completely rewritten the detection of primitives and edges: now the program first scans all the facets to create all the adjadent edges and to keep information about adjadent facets. Then all (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) Generally, yes, but if you are viewing the DAT files on lugnet with a browser, the file name will be some long temporary name. -gyug (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec  [DAT]

(...) I understand your proposal, but it has the bad side effect of requiring a double-pass through all the files. For example, if the first line of your file is: 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 foo.dat and foo.dat is not found in the search path, the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact