 CAD / Development / 4120
Re: advice for CATEGORY - Pirate Cutlass and Castle Greatsword
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:52:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Franklin W. Cain wrote:

Hi!  I'm trying to convert the Pirate Cutlass
and the Castle Greatsword into DAT files,
and I had a question about the CATEGORY command line.
Specifically, what Category (or Categories)
should I list for these two pieces?

My recommendation is to use "Minifig Accessory" as the category for both
of these parts.  If you look at
<http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/>, the list in the left-hand
frame shows all the 'categories' that are currently in use for LDraw
parts.  Most of these 'categories' are just the first word from
part-names.  Two categories, Minifig Accessory and Technic Plate, exist
because of the 0 CATEGORY meta-statement (I admit, I created the Technic
Plate entries, those part-files are not so marked in the official
releases).

There was some discussion of having a Minifig Weapon category, but until
we seriously scrub through the classification system in the LDraw parts
library, I don't want to make any new categories.

Steve