 CAD / Development / 3867 (-20)
  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) I believe that all new computers have 3D cards and the current format of the library is very easy to use but it's not good for hardware acceleration. (...) Hmm... :pserver:guest@gerf....r/cvsroot, pw = guest. :) Leonardo (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder (was Re: Looking for broken pneumatics)

"SB" == Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> writes: SB> - Shortcut part file, referencing all the other files SB> - Plunger part file SB> - Metal rod sub-part file SB> - Black peg connector sub-part file SB> - Cylinder part file SB> - Yellow (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Help with LDLite

Hi. Perhaps your pathname to the LDRAW files or to your model files contains a space or some other unfriendly character. Try everything with the path C:\LDRAW or similar, and see if that works. -gyug (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

Ha ha ha ha Hohohoho Hehehehehe. You must be new around here. That's *not* how these people think. -gyug (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder

(...) I don't think "primitive" would be the correct term, but a sub-part (for the parts\s folder) would be. It didn't make sense to sub-part the "nozzle"/"connector" for the pneumatic tube on the air tank, since it is different from the "nozzle" on (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

Steve Bliss skrev i meddelandet ... (...) (where's the second approach?) (...) information. (...) Of course! Why didn't *I* think of that? (message type 2) (...) as (...) parts, (...) One long string with line separators? Or a multi-message approach (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder

(...) Thanks a lot for the above, for a minute I was quite lost, but offcourse, it can't be any other way (the structure, not me being lost:)). I would argue that a new primitive would be handy here, the "connector" for the tubes, since it is (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) I've gotta remember to remove that WTOWER.DAT file so folks can't tell what a lousy builder I am. :) (Besides, it uses an unofficial piece or two) (...) Now you're onto something. I started with ldlite because the source was in C/C++ and was (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) Yes, the file included in the ldglite zip. :) Now another question, why there are so many people writing different CAD programs ? I believe that we surely would be a lot better if we helped each other instead of start a new project. Please (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) I haven't looked at your code but it looks like you're using a single buffered window, that's a huge slowdown since drivers are optimized for games and games use double buffered windows and of course, a single buffer window is always slower. I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) I only heard of the Velocity 4400, it uses a Riva TNT chip. Leonardo (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder (was Re: Looking for broken pneumatics)

(...) Like Jacob said, the metal rod should be done as chrome, 383. To achieve maximum color flexibility, and to allow the plunger to be moved in and out, you'll need to use multiple files for this part. To let the plunger move, you'd need to use (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

(...) I like that idea. (...) Yep. The idea is for LDAO to be both a source and sink for dragged parts. (...) Two approaches: 1. Allow multiple formats for the string being passed in the WM_COPYDATA message. One format is the one you're already (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) How long does it take with LdGLite on your P400? Try it at a similar resolution with the -V6 or -V5 command line switches to make it fair. Go ahead, I won't be embarrased if the numbers are really poor since I've spent absolutely no time (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) Well I haven't read the section of the book on vertex arrays yet. From a quick glimpse I suspect they won't help me much since I'm using the LDRAW files rather than a converted database of parts. I'm surprised you don't use display lists at a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) Bummer. (...) STB Velocity 400. I should know the chipset, but I don't. Steve (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) Whoa. That's the same WTOWER.DAT distributed with ldglite. The one that LDLite, on my Pentium 400 with Win98, renders in 5.8 seconds? Amazing. Steve (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) Actually the Windows version of LeoCAD takes 0.35 seconds to render on my P2 350 with a TNT card (the Linux version should be more a less the same speed). I don't use display lists, I use vertex buffers or CVA's if the driver supports it. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) Hmmm, that sounds like a commercial for LeoCAD. ;^) And a target, 1 second eh? Seriously though, It'll never reach those speeds parsing DAT files, but hopefully when I switch to display lists for the redraws... Just for the record, how slow (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) I've tried and it worked after fixing the gluPerspective call, it's very slowe (LeoCAD renders the WTOWER.DAT file in less than 1 second) but at least it works. The last 2 parameters to gluPerspective are the distance from the viewer to the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact