 CAD / Development / 1391
Re: [ldraw.org] Domain Registration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:57:21 GMT

At 11:12 AM 4/15/99 +0000, jonathan wilson wrote:
i have a font that might be of use. it is called charcoal. it might look • good.
it is the mac system font from mac os 8.0 but i ripped it off from the • macs at
my school (where i no longer go because i am now at uni) and converted it to
windows TTF format. you can get it from my sute,

I grabbed that macintosh theme and took a look at Charcoal.  It is a nice
font, thanks for suggesting it.  I am working with a font called Fudd right
now for the text, it is sans-serif and works beautifully for what I want.
Charcoal is remotely similar.  I do like Charcoal a lot though!  I
experimented with the two in my font viewer.

Another thing I am concerned about is if you said you took it off of the
Mac and converted it to TTF, then does the font lose quality in the
transfer or are we left with a poorly-constructed TTF font?  This can
become an issue in graphic design and word processing alike.

http://members.xoom.com/wilsonj/ as part of my macintosh desktop theme. if • you
want me to send it to you let me know.
please use verdana as little as possible. i absolutly hate it (mabie • because it
is a microsoft thing and i hate a lot of microsoft things?). there must be
several good fonts out there that you can use, charcoal for one.

The text of the site will be either Verdana or Arial, haven't decided for
sure, but if all else fails, the titles will be images done in Photoshop
with Verdana.

i can donate expertise with alien skin eye candy photoshop plugins. i can do
graphics work with those. they are proprietory so i cant send you a copy
because that is illegal, last time i checked...

I need to pick up a copy of that for myself :)  I have worked with the
plugins before and like them a lot.  However, I was not planning to use any
of the filters offered there in this site project.  Its going to be kept
simple and straightforward.  I know it produces really cool effects (see my
text at http://trc.osiriscomm.com ) but it is time consuming and makes new
images harder to produce exactly the same.  Thanks for offering.

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m