 CAD / Development / 1289
1288  |  1290
Subject:
[ldraw.org] Domain Registration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:30:18 GMT

I feel it is an appropriate time to register the domain name and take
donations for it.  I figure I will not waste time contacting Larry via
email, but go ahead with handling donations myself since he has been absent
(or at least hasn't posted) here in a little while.

Domains cost $70 USD for 2 years and $35 USD for each subsequent year.  At
this point in time, I would only like $70 to be sent to my house.  I do not
want to be responsible for (even a small amount) of group money for use in
future renewal of the domain.

I am also asking that whoever donates will donate in $5 incriments.  This
will help simplify the process and help me keep track of who gave what.
Also, all donations should be sent to me in US funds [1].

I feel it is appropriate to give credit to the people who donated to
purchase the domain on the site, but not appropriate to publish the amount
of their donation.

So, whoever is planning to donate toward the purchase of the domain, please
send me an email at tcourtney@avenew.com letting me know how much you wish
to donate, and when you estimate you will be able to get me the money.

I can go ahead and register the domain, it takes Internic a couple months
to send the bill, so provided I have the cash by the time the bill comes or
provided I get the cash, it should be fine.  I won't throw a fit if not all
the money comes and I have to temporarily dip into my reserve to cover the
tab.

My mailing address is:

Tim Courtney
702 Cadillac Drive
Wheaton, IL 60187-3618
USA

If anyone has further questions regarding this project or the donations,
don't hesitate to send me an email.

[1] Unless someone feels like sending me a Euro for the heck of it so I can
put it in the 'ol coin collection ;)

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m