 CAD / Development / 1352
Re: [ldraw.org] Domain Registration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:50:44 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, tcourtney@avenew.com (Tim Courtney) writes:
Ok, read the article.  I agree, its a good time to wait.  However, this
all depends on the completion timeframe for ldraw.org versus how the
government is on its latest venture sticking its hand into free enterprise.

(not so upset here though, since we get a price cut) :P

Not that $70 is a great deal of money given the number of people who
will throw in $5 or $10 (count me in), but if there's a chance the
price could be cut by up to 3/4 or more...

If it is indeed  that much, then it is definitely worth waiting.

If money is the issue, then count me in for whatever it takes to make it
happen right now rather than later.  I don't think it pays to delay
registration of something this important.

Hrmmm, inherently cheap bastard that I am, I can't agree.  This has
been discussed for _months_.  What's another couple of weeks?  Wasn't
there some mention at one point of taking the extra funds and buying
software or development tools or something that could be used by the
programmers?

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide