 CAD / Development / 112
Re: Parts Maintenance Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 03:44:39 GMT

Steve Bliss writes:
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:35:30 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:

How do you see this information being used?

Hmm.  Let's see:

- Lets authors know a file has been altered after submission.
- Helps people track down part number changes, especially if another
part is now using the old number.

Is this done?  I guess I thought that once a number is used, it's used up.  How
does LDAO part update function deal with this?  (By the way, yet another
awesome addition to LDAO's usefulness.  I've just been using it a bunch to fix
models I did last summer.  It's amazing how many "moved to"s there have been
since then.)

- Reduces need to overload the Author tag to give proper credit on
modifications.

Good point.  I think this is a good idea then.

-John Van