 CAD / Development / 10862 (-100)
  LETGUI (update) / LDFlat (NEW TOOL)

Now the first update for LETGUI is ready. Changes: Added support for the tool LDFlat You can find the current version (0.1.0.8) at: (URL) hope you like it. Please come back with your experience, so it can become better. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 14-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

Hi Mikeheide, (...) That's perfect, thanks a lot! Philo (16 years ago, 11-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I just have to announce the next version of DATHeader with your wishes build in. It was not so complicated I expected ;-) cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I still don't understand ;o) (...) Ah - you're right, it works if you d&d on the icon. But I tried to d&d on the opened program window - and that doesn't work. Philo (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I have just tested with drag and drop and it works on my machine. Hopefully on your too. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

(...) I have never done this in my progs, but I will try to implement. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DATHeader UPDATE

Hi Mike, (...) I'm not sure to understand what you mean... Would it be difficuld to implement drag and drop of file to Datheader? that's a feature I often miss... Philo (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: One for all (maybe)

Hi, More than 5 years now since I've discovered the AFOL community. But I'm still incredibly amazed by its generosity and ability to make people collaborate. This post by Mike could look ordinary. But what a huge job from James Jessiman to this (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: One for all (maybe)

(...) It makes (a lot of) sense. But I am not qualified to write installers... Maybe Mike? There is also the IP issue, some of the tools are neither mine nor Mike. Especially Edger, I tried several time to contact Lee Gaiteri to get the (...) (16 years ago, 10-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: One for all (maybe)

(...) Mike, Philo, would it be possible to bake a fine prog including all the progs with a GUI, installer, tutorials ... to ease installation, maintanance and such? w. ps. it is known that im not a coder so please let me if I had just asked a stupid (...) (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  DATHeader UPDATE

Version 1.1.6 of DATHeader is now available for download at www.michael-heidemann.de. You can now give DATHeader a file with path as a parameter to open. You can now change the category back to nothing if needed. Enjoy mikeheide (16 years ago, 9-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  One for all (maybe)

I have now ready a new tool to give the very good commandline tools a gui. You can find the tool at: (URL) hope you like it. Please come back with your experience, so it can become better. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Philo! Awesome tool, can hardly wait to check it out. I've been waiting for a long, long time for such a prog. w. (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) For unproject MLCad does the job. Symply select everything and set the appropriate matrix row at 0. This is perfect for triangle, quads... If you have primitives you have to later automatically fix the "all zero matrix row" using LDDP. The (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) This is great! Like Tim, I'd been thinking about writing a tool like this for a long time. Thank you very much for making this available. Steve (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It's a direct parallel projection. I think it's the best since the photo (with a long focal lens) or a scan has the same projection. Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) I was curious if it was a direct projection or an area preserving one. A nice variant might be to write an area preserving variant although that would get quite complex. Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It should. One interesting aspect is that while photo/scan distorts the pattern, flattening the shape to put it in quad2dat does the same distortion so they compensate each other! Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Wow. Awesome. I've been meaning to write something like this for ages so I'm very happy. Would it work on minifig faces too? Tim (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

Very nice. I don't author parts, so I won't be trying it out. However, I looked at your tutorial, and I have two suggestions: Add "Un-Project", where it takes a projected shape and flattens it automatically on an axis specified by the user (X, Y, or (...) (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

Wow! That is very cool! I'm going to have to find a curved piece in one of my models that needs a pattern and try it out. Thanks! Scott (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) What a clever tool. That seems like it will be very useful! Jim (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(URL) This new tool allows easy creation of non-flat patterned LDraw parts. Create a flat pattern and stamp it on a 3D former. Program, documentation, source code are available (URL) here>. To show the usefulness of this tool, I created the four (...) (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: Program naming conventions?

(...) If there is no other tool with that name - take it. But if your tool is for printing code I would suggest also the letter print in the name like LDPrint or better LDCPrint (LDrawCodePrint). cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Program naming conventions?

(...) Hi Jim, I think it is tradition to name things with LD (LDView, LDLite). I didn't figure this out until after I named LPub and LSynth. Kevin (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Program naming conventions?

I am wrapping up a little utility to pretty-print LDraw code (as a supplement to some things LDDP can do and as a stand-alone tool for other platforms). My working name for it is LDTrim, but I am curious if anyone has better suggestions. In (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) Apparently it's not too hard to get it to compile under x64. I had a friend using 64 bit debian fetch the latest code from CVS and build it. He had to install the developer version of libOSMesa to compile, but that was about it. His Direct (...) (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: 3ds Max Import Script

(...) Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback, what I've done is basically take both suggestions and merge them. Basically what I've observed so far is that not all parts in the "Parts" folder have the LDRAWORG meta tag (which denotes the type of file, (...) (16 years ago, 4-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3ds Max Import Script

(...) Hi Travis! Thanks for the input. I'm yet to fully exploit the meta/header data of the files, I've focused on the winding properties only thus far. This will give me greater cause to look deeper into them! Cheers Shane (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 3ds Max Import Script

Thanks Steve! That's really useful! I too thought that ldraw site would have the directory structure more documented then it is, but clarification is always nice. Cheers Shane (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 3ds Max Import Script

(...) Note that in addition to the directory structure, official parts should all have a comment line in them that starts with one of the following prefixes: 0 !LDRAW_ORG PART 0 LDRAW_ORG PART 0 LDRAW_ORG ELEMENT 0 OFFICIAL LCAD UPDATE 0 Original (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) --Travis (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) A six year old version doesn't sound all that great. How hard would it be to get the current version to compile under x64? Failing that, how hard would it be to get the 32 bit version running under x64? With commands like linux32 and such I'm (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: 3ds Max Import Script

(...) Hi Shane, This sounds like an interesting project. And useful. :) (...) I think any user of autodesk tools has cursed their name at some time or another. ;) (...) And, if you wanted, you could replace some of the imported "primitive bricks" (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Yeah, but the hint helped me. With the side mounted dock I was able to reproduce the problem (or a problem at least) on the G4. I cleaned up some of the buffer swapping and window reshaping code, and it seems to work better for me now. Of (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  3ds Max Import Script

I've been working on a script to import ldraw data into 3ds max with some moderate success. I've been able to build primitive data and apply color/texture to the objects. I did find an issue between max 9 and 10 this morning which has me cursing (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) I would definitely appreciate the help! I don't know which method would be best, as I said I'm not a coder, but I can follow directions well enough. Thanks, Tim (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Well, I pulled the window out from under the dock, and that didn't help. On an unrelated note, why will it only open models in the current directory? If I give the full path to a model in a different directory, it fails to load it. --Travis (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

Sorry, I missed your bug report. LeoCAD used to compile on 64 bit computers but it's been a long time since I last tried and I don't have access to one anymore. From your bug report it looks like 'make config' is failing. You can either manually (...) (16 years ago, 2-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) A 32-bit build of LDView should work fine as long as you have the 32-bit shared libraries installed that it needs. If you want, I can work with you to get it up and running. As it happens, I have successfully built a 32-bit version of the (...) (16 years ago, 2-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) About 6 years ago there was a build of ldglite ran in 64bit linux on an alpha processor. It could possibly be made to work again but I can't really recommend it because the old LEDIT tutorial is now long gone from here: (URL) the tutorial it'd (...) (16 years ago, 2-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

I'm just starting out with LDraw and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get anything running under my 64 bit Ubuntu 7.10 system. I'm mostly interested in LeoCAD, since it is the only native Linux building system that I know of. Since there are no (...) (16 years ago, 2-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Hmmm, a partially obscured window. Sounds like a clue. I'll have to run some tests with a side mounted dock on the G4. And I should probably look back and see what I did on windows when the annoying popup tooltips were driving me nuts. Thanks, (...) (16 years ago, 1-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Nope. It starts out partially under my dock, which I keep on the left. I can't remember if I ever moved it completely out from under the dock or not, but I'm pretty sure I did. (As a note, I looked around, and it appears that (...) (16 years ago, 1-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Arrgh, that's not good. It worked for me whenever I had a problem like that. I guess I'll have to use the OSX flush function. Are you by chance using partially transparent windows, or something fancy like that? (...) It's hooked to an ldlite (...) (16 years ago, 1-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) The -n4 didn't have any noticeable effect. What exactly does n4 mean. I know it means "draw to back buffer", but what does the n and the 4 mean? --Travis (16 years ago, 1-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Hmmm, I guess that's slightly different from the GMA X3100, which seemed to work for me. If you get a chance, try and run it with -n4 on the command line. That should render everything in the back buffer like 99.99% of the opengl programs out (...) (16 years ago, 30-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Here's my info: Vendor: Intel Inc. Renderer: Intel GMA 950 OpenGL Engine Version: 1.2 APPLE-1.4.56 --Travis (16 years ago, 30-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Sorry for not responding, but I didn't remember to look at it while I was at home. I'll try to do so tonight. (...) Actually, my Intel MacBook (one of the original ones) has Intel motherboard graphics. Probably a different model than yours, (...) (16 years ago, 29-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Sorry about the self reply, but now I'm really curious about this. I found myself an old G4 EMac with a Geforce2 and OSX Tiger for testing and everything worked ok. It also worked on an Intel Macbook with the Intel GMA X3100 graphics. So I (...) (16 years ago, 29-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

(...) Thank you very much for this part. Now I can complete all the models on my webside. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 24-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts requests? (re: x136 and 50944px1)

Hi Ryan, (...) Just completed it: (URL) (16 years ago, 24-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) No, I use glfinish(). I've had all sorts of problems over the years with Apple because I often render in the front buffer to emulate the various ancient ldlite immediate rendering modes. Does it update ok when you spin the model with the (...) (16 years ago, 24-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) That one works for LPub. The buffer isn't getting flushed to the screen right. I have to resize or force a redraw in order. Are you calling CGLFlushDrawable at the end of your drawing code? --Travis (16 years ago, 24-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Ok, give (URL) this one> a try. (16 years ago, 23-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Good idea. (...) I'll be happy to be your Tiger test subject, but I can only test Intel. --Travis (16 years ago, 23-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Since I already lost this once, I'm gonna stash it here just in case. To compile something that runs on Tiger from a makefile on Leopard add this: CFLAGS+= -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk LDFLAGS+= -isysroot (...) (16 years ago, 23-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Hi Rosco, I've uploaded lpub.vcproj to sourceforge. I brought everything down into a clean directory and it built for me. Kevin (16 years ago, 23-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) For what it's worth, Tiger will run on a 300 MHz G3. While it certainly wasn't fast, I don't recall ever encountering any software that simply said "I need a G4". That's not to say there's no reason why such software couldn't or shouldn't (...) (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) And if you don't have QT properly configured, having the .vcproj probably won't do you any good anyway. --Travis (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) No idea. Whatever it is, it needs Tiger, though, since LDView is built to require Tiger. It presumably needs a G4. --Travis (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) That's interesting. I built it on a new laptop with the version of XCode that comes with leopard. However I just added the arch targets to the old makefile (but missed one of the libraries). So I guess the default is to target leopard only. I (...) (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Hi Rosco, If you have Qt properly configured, you should be able to create the .vcproj by doing this in the folder that contains lpub.pro: qmake lpub.pro Kevin (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Actually, I don't have a PPC Mac, just the previous OS version. I believe that if you don't get everything right for the "universal" stuff, it will give you an error at link time. I know that's what it does to me if any of the libraries aren't (...) (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Err, I rushed it and sorta botched the build. So a few files got built with no PPC code. I rebuilt it, but didn't get a chance to borrow an older machine to test it on yet. Hey, maybe (probably) you know this. What's involved in supporting a (...) (16 years ago, 20-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Hi Rosco, One will magically appear sometime this weekend, after I've had a chance to confirm that it works correctly. Kevin (16 years ago, 18-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Well, I suspect that LPub is not rendering using LDView, because the images were already calculated using LDGLite. The rendering is still a long path in the procerss of preparing a page. LPub caches part images for parts lists, and assembly (...) (16 years ago, 18-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) The updated CVS doesn't appear to have a .vcproj file :( ROSCO (16 years ago, 18-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Apparently this is working for others, but when I run it (on an original MacBook in OS 10.4), all I get is a bus error. Did you compile it as a Leopard app? --Travis (16 years ago, 18-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) in CAR.DAT - but the other models I've tried are looking good. (...) Just tried it, and that seems to work too. (I can't tell much difference, though.) (...) It's pretty cool! I'm going to be busy with other things the next few days, but I (...) (16 years ago, 18-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) ShowHighlightLines and ConditionalHighlights did the trick! Kevin (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) In a Mac-specific code section, you could set the desired file type to *.app, and then force a directory to be chosen. Then when you get the path back, append /Contents/MacOSX/LDView onto the end of the filename. (Note: I'm not 100% sure about (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) That's the default thickness. What are you seeing? Keep in mind that edges are off by default, so unless you've turned them on, you won't get any edges at all. You can use -ShowHighlightLines=1 to force them on (preferably with (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) I added -EdgeThickness=1 to the LDView args, and didn't see any behavior change. Any ideas? Kevin (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Should I use a different approach? Will things work if I look for LDView.app? Kevin (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Jim, the latest LDView I sent you should probably work. Note that you have to select the actual LDView executable inside the app wrapper when prompted for LDView by LPub. (...) -EdgeThickness=<value> will set the edge line thickness, in (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Hi Jim, I use the one Don Heyse told us about here: (URL) Also, check with Travis about an LPub compatible version of LView. In lpub.cpp, you can change the code to switch to LDView. Look for renderer. Comment out ldglite, and uncomment (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Hi Jim, I use the one Don Heyse told us about here: (URL) Also, check with Travis about an LPub compatible version of LDGLite. In lpub.cpp, you can change the code to switch to LDView. Look for renderer. Comment out ldglite, and uncomment (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) I reuploaded the images making sure I put them up in binary mode. I logged out of sourceforge, and then checked LPub4 CVS. It shows the images in the images directory with the correct version numbers. Good luck! Kevin (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) I think that explains it. (I remember a similar situation with LDView once.) Happily everything seems to be in sync now and I am pleased to report I am able to build LPub without a problem. Now I just need to experiment! Just to check, what (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Just as a note on this to avoid any panicking, sourceforge.net anonymous CVS access uses a separate copy of the CVS files, and that separate copy takes time to update. So when changes are committed by a developer, it takes some amount of time (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Looks like maybe the images haven't become available yet - there's nothing in (URL) and I see "RCC: Error: Cannot find file 'images/actual.png'" when make tries to make qrc_lpub.cpp. (I get the impression it sometimes takes a while for (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Hi, Sourceforge admins wiped the CVS repository clean. With guidance from Travis, I recreated the LPub4 repository, and made sure the images were transferred in binary mode. When I brought it all down to my Mac from sourceforge, and did a (...) (16 years ago, 17-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) The new lpub.pro was bad. Also the original creation of the CVS repository was done in a non-standard way. I've removed almost all the files, but have also asked the admins from sourceforge to wipe the project clean so we can start over. Email (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) OK, I decided this is as good a time as any to download VC++ express :) But when I try to open lpub.vcproj, I get: --- The following error has occurred during XML parsing: File: \\Rocklobster\rosco\...pub.vcproj Line: 6 Column: 2 Error (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Thanks, I've got it now. I get some compile errors with parseerror.cpp and parseerror.h - that the functions don't match their prototypes. I see that parseerror.h was last uploaded today but parseerror.cpp is 5 months old. Is there a new (...) (16 years ago, 15-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Hi Jim, My apologies. I've uploaded a new lpub.pro Kevin (16 years ago, 14-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Great news. I downloaded qt-mac-opensource-src-4.3.4 from (URL) and was able to set it up with: ./configure make make install I wanted to confirm that LPub would build on my Mac, but [/path/to/]qmake -macx -o Makefile lpub.pro prints the (...) (16 years ago, 14-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

(...) Sorry for responding to my own post. I forgot to mention that LPub 4 code on sourceforge works with Qt 4.3.4, the opensource edition. Kevin (16 years ago, 14-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net

Hi All, While LPub 4 is not ready for prime time, it is available for programmers out there that are interested in helping out. The source is under CVS as the project LPub4. There is an lpub.pro and Makefile for OS X, and lpub.vcproj for those using (...) (16 years ago, 14-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Actually it turned out that despite the warning message my settings did work from a remote ssh login as a different user. The old AGL code, while it worked locally (that was a surprise), did not work remotely and produced the same warning (...) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) OK, now that's just plain weird. Glad to hear it's fixed, though. --Travis (16 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) If you used my code as an example for Core GL setup, then the error was due to a bug in my code. If not, put the following in your CGLPixelFormatAttribute array, and it should work even via ssh: CGLPixelFormatAttribute attrs = (...) (16 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) problem fixed. extern void qt_mac_set_native_me...bar(bool); qt_mac_set_native_me...bar(true); Kevin (16 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I'm guessing it's related, but there's presumably something you did that QT Designer doesn't do, or vice versa. Obviously QT is designed so that apps can be written completely without using QT Designer. One thing you might do is create a (...) (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Hmmm..... one major difference is that I didn't use the designer for any of my GUI. I wonder if that is why things are different. Kevin (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I figured that Development would be use by parts authors. I was offering it as an alternative to D:work_in_progress. LSynth it is. Kev (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Perfect - many thx! Don't think there is any need for "development" but "<LDRAWDIR>LSynth" wouldn't hurt. You could then store all constraints and synthesis parts in that folder without the need to mix them with the official parts or rebuild (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) LDView has its main menu inside the .ui file for the main window. It was created and is maintained in QT Designer. Take a look at LDView.ui to see if there's anything obviously different there. --Travis (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) All I get is a single menu item in the menu bar above the desktop. It says LPub. The contents of the menu are not from LPub though. I've built LPub using QMainWindow. It has a function that returns a pointer to the menuBar(). I build all my (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact