 CAD / Development / 10780
Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:31:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Hi All,

  While LPub 4 is not ready for prime time, it is available for programmers out
there that are interested in helping out.

  The source is under CVS as the project LPub4.  There is an lpub.pro and
Makefile for OS X, and lpub.vcproj for those using Visual Studio (I'm using the
free express version).

Kevin

Great news.

I downloaded qt-mac-opensource-src-4.3.4 from
http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/mac/ and was able to set it up with:

  ./configure
  make
  make install

I wanted to confirm that LPub would build on my Mac, but

  [/path/to/]qmake -macx -o Makefile lpub.pro

prints the following warnings

  WARNING: Failure to find: movable.cpp
  WARNING: Failure to find: movable.h

and

  make

doesn't proceed past

  *** No rule to make target `movable.cpp', needed by `movable.o'.  Stop.

Are the files movable.cpp and movable.h missing from the Sourceforge repository?
I don't have them and I don't see them at
http://lpub4.cvs.sourceforge.net/lpub4/ either.

Jim

Hi,
  Sourceforge admins wiped the CVS repository clean.

  With guidance from Travis, I recreated the LPub4 repository,
and made sure the images were transferred in binary mode.

  When I brought it all down to my Mac from sourceforge,
and did a make, the process barfed.  I did "qmake lpub.pro"
and got a new Makefile.  LPub4 built and ran for me.

  If you get LPub4 running, it wants to know where to
find the LDraw files (if that info ins not available from
the environment).

  It will also want you to find LDGlite.  There is support
for LDView, but with being on the road for two weeks, and
coming back to two theater shows I've got to light, I've
not had the time to build gui support for choosing.

  It will also want you to find pli.mpd.  This is in the
same directory as LPub source (for now).

  With any luck, you will be able to open an LDraw file
and start creating instructions.  Almost all the "good
stuff" is done through popup menus.  Global configuration
is done using the application menu.

  I hope you can build with this version.

Kevin