 CAD / Development / 10785
Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:01:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jim DeVona wrote:
Looks like maybe the images haven't become available yet - there's nothing in
http://lpub4.cvs.sourceforge.net/lpub4/LPub4/LPub4/images/ and I see "RCC:
Error: Cannot find file 'images/actual.png'" when make tries to make
qrc_lpub.cpp. (I get the impression it sometimes takes a while for uploaded
files to show up on Sourceforge.)

Just as a note on this to avoid any panicking, sourceforge.net anonymous CVS
access uses a separate copy of the CVS files, and that separate copy takes time
to update.  So when changes are committed by a developer, it takes some amount
of time before people see those changes when accessing via anonymous CVS.
Presumably this is what happened here with the images.

I think that explains it. (I remember a similar situation with LDView once.)

Happily everything seems to be in sync now and I am pleased to report I am able
to build LPub without a problem. Now I just need to experiment!

Just to check, what version of ldglite do you use with it? I have 1.0.18 (the
latest Mac release, I guess), and I don't see any images in LPub. ldglite does
pop open and closed as it is presumably being used to render things, though. (I
like how LDView doesn't show up in the dock when you use it from the command
line, so of course it will be nice to try that out too.)

Anyway, seems like quite a milestone to me.

Jim

Hi Jim,
  I use the one Don Heyse told us about here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=10755

  Also, check with Travis about an LPub compatible version of LDGLite.

  In lpub.cpp, you can change the code to switch to LDView.  Look for renderer.
Comment out ldglite, and uncomment ldview.

  Travis, are there command line options for controlling edge lines and their
widths?  What is the default DPI for images produced by LDView?

  I look forward to feedback on the program.

Kevin