 CAD / Development / 10787
Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:38:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Hi Jim,
  I use the one Don Heyse told us about here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=10755

  Also, check with Travis about an LPub compatible version of LDGLite.

Jim, the latest LDView I sent you should probably work.  Note that you have to
select the actual LDView executable inside the app wrapper when prompted for
LDView by LPub.

  Travis, are there command line options for controlling edge lines and their
widths?  What is the default DPI for images produced by LDView?

-EdgeThickness=<value> will set the edge line thickness, in pixels.  Officially,
values of 1-5 are supported, but values up to probably at least 10 would
probably work (although it's dependent on the graphics card).

LDView doesn't have a DPI, so you can pick something like 72, 96, or 100 based
on the fact that it usually outputs to the screen, and those are common values
for "screen DPI".  An upcoming LDView release will assume a screen DPI of 100
when printing, and adjust edge line thickness accordingly.  (In other words, if
it's set to 1 in the UI, and you print at 300DPI, it will be set to 3 in the
printout.)  However, when you use -EdgeThickness=2 on a command line, you're
telling LDView to make edge lines 2 pixels wide.  If you want them to be one
point wide (1/72nd inch), set them to (actual DPI) / 72.  Note that
-EdgeThickness expects an integer.

--Travis