 CAD / Development / 10282 (-40)
  'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

I'd like some comments on the following Idea.. Full Project Name : 'Virtual' Prservation of Construction Kit systems through the use of L-Cad type software Proposal : To contruct and mantain a series of 'part' libraries for L-Cad type software. Such (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2005 Progress Report

(...) October 2, 2005 Dear Diary, Most of this weekend, I've worked on the L3P Options panel instead of playing around with the program as planned. The new features make a much nicer output, so it has been worth the delay. Progress in my todo-list (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  [ANN] Re: CaroML development (the end)

After a tentative private contact with Dan Boger, i announce my CaroML project (formerly Peeroml) has come to a dead end. I take this opportunity to apologize: * because i have tentatively stolen other people work * because when told i was not (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Use of arbitrary elements with LSynth

In lugnet.cad.dev, Matthew J. Chiles wrote: I'll go home and release it. I have an LPub with fixes too. Kevin (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rag Hat?

(...) this will give me something to start with... -Matt :) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Use of arbitrary elements with LSynth

(...) Kevin- Is this enhanced LSynth program available for download anywhere yet? All I can find so far is 2.0 on your web site here (URL) I'm looking forward to things like string! -Matt :) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rag Hat?

Several years ago, I posted this rather crude mock-up: (URL) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Scorpion

Hello, would any enterprising soul be interested in authoring the Scorpion? It is the final part needed for a set of instructions I am working on. Drop me a note. Eric Sophie Biomechanical Bricks (19 years ago, 25-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Anyone working on the Rag Hat?

Is anyone working on the rag hat piece, commonly used in pirate sets and as a hat for the Santa minifigure? (URL) :) (19 years ago, 24-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CaroML development

One learns things everyday! I got curious why i have more than 3000 Classic Space parts but Peerom.com says i can't build a simple 20 parts classic space MOC. The MOC is basically 4 Balloon wheels, a Black Plate 6 x 2, a Yellow space minifig, a (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  CaroML development

Hi Dan, Thanks for these clarifications, as i said i am not a native english speaker, i usually use english when writing technical documents, i am a terrible diplomate and things get even worse if i have to negociate in a foreign language. So i (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ?

Damien, I would appreciate if you don't put words in my mouth. (...) In my email to you I asked 3 things: - Rename the program to something else - from what I understand, there is nothing in your program that is Peeron specific - it's much more (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ?

Hi again, People e-mail me questions about Peeroml. Considering i don't send the program and it can't be downloaded anywhere, politeness invites me to answer these questions here (as people privately asking are certainly reading this forum). (...) (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ?

Hi Tim, Thanks for your comments. (...) I don't expect OCaml to spread like a virus, or being a popular scripting language. All that i have asked is a single homepage where people (eventually nobody) could have downloaded the whole thing. I didn't (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ?

(...) Hi Damien, I fear that even with Dan and Jennifer Bogers cooperation this project may not spread too far as most people are unlikely to learn a new language (especially one with such strange syntax as OCaml) just for database enquiries for (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ?

(...) Hi Clark Stephens, Thanks for your comments. You have well anticipated what has happened to me yesterday. At first i thought cooperation means: * function and datas should not be separated but available at a unique repository site (Peeron.com (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ?

(...) Damien, Please change the name of your program. Peeron is a trademark of Dan and Jennifer Boger. Your program is not associated with the Peeron site. The name you chose above has obvious similarities to the Peeron trademark, and may cause (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  What mailing list for Peeroml ?

Hi lego fans, I have finished the package and documentation for Peeroml, a scripting tool and programming framework for lego inventories. Its scripting language is OCaml (URL) Of course questions about Peeroml are off-topic on existing OCaml mailing (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inv)

  LDraw to LDD conversion chain

Please see this post on LEGOFan.org (URL) addressed a lot of the technical issues with importing LDraw format files into LDD at the file conversion level. I think there are things to think about at other levels (like, how to constrain models to use (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Animation - Why MPD?

(...) (* off-topic discussion *) To create a matrix the OCaml code is: let x = Array.make_matrix nrow ncol 0.0 I acknowledge: * OCaml is not widely used * even more esoteric than Perl would be a complete turn off * popular is not a word I would (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v1.5.7 Released

(...) (URL) Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk) irc: irc://irc.blitzed.org/ web: (URL) +44 (0)780 8369596 (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v1.5.7 Released

(...) The above link is bad, can you provide a better one? -Orion (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v1.5.7 Released

(...) news://www.lugnet.co...lugnet.com Thanks (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw Design Pad v1.5.7 Released

LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. The new version can be downloaded here: (URL) are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Animation - Why MPD?

(...) I think you may need to explain you choices further. Python supports variable numbers of function arguments, as does Perl. In Python it is relatively easy to check the types of the arguments, and implement overloading and type checking inside (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Animation - Why MPD?

I wonder if anyone remembers the 80s game "Story Machine" from Spinnaker Software (publishers of "Face Maker" and other silly products.) This program acted out the sentences you typed in. It was a kind of self-illustrating text adventure. For (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Animation - Why MPD?

Why not develop something abstract. If you come up with a way to notate an animation in any langauge, perhaps it will catch on. James (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Animation - Why MPD?

(...) (* off-topic discussion *) Design and implementation are not as independant as i wish. As part of the design requirements, i pointed moves should be functions and be as composable as functions are. Practically that means the language must (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Announcing Bricksmith for Macintosh

(...) It's always nice to see new stuff like this. Especially with the source code available in CVS on the sourceforge site. Cool! (...) Hmm, I don't know, the file looks OK to me. I don't remember any limit on nested MPD subfiles. And I also don't (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  2005 LDraw.org Standards Committee Vote Results

The 2005 LSC voting has come to an end. The 2005 LDraw.org Standards Committee is: Steve Bliss Kevin Clague Tore Eriksson Lars Hassing Orion Pobursky There were a total of 13 respondents. (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Making easier to reinstall ldraw

(FUT lugnet.cad.dev, which is where this reply really belongs.) (...) isn't in the LDView 3 Beta 1 release, but all the unnoficial test releases I've made since then (Beta 1A through Beta 1E) use his code. And if you build LDView yourself from its (...) (19 years ago, 26-May-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Question for the LSC. Blanks in file names legal?

(...) Travis, I have done the same in LPub. Easier to implement it than explain it every time someone gets burned. Kevin (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question for the LSC. Blanks in file names legal?

(...) (Note FUT lugnet.cad.dev) I realize that spaces are officially a no-no, but since I've also seen files that contain references to sub-models with spaces in the filenames, I'm adding support for this to the next LDView release. It will generate (...) (19 years ago, 15-May-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text

(...) You can find it (URL) here>. ROSCO PS: Does anyone want the brick.ttf font? It's not really very useful because of the limited characters, but if anyone wants it, I'll make a separate download page for it. (19 years ago, 10-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text

(...) Well I worked out the scale factor, and imported the DATs into an Access db (some had to have some stuff inlined first) then manually went through the polygons working out all the verteces and entered them directly using Font Creator. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text

(...) coerce it into TrueType format? Always one to push my luck, I do have two little quibbles. I liked the way version 1.4 printed the usage info when running txt2dat with no args. Now it prints a weird error message. Also, the internal default (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text

(...) Your wish is my command... well almost. (URL) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text

(...) Maybe it's a language thing. I've seen hints that some of the desktop.ini bits behave differently when you're set up for a different language. Or perhaps the OEMs package Windows differently for other countries and skip the desktop.ini file in (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text

(...) If you make a program that accepts drag and drop, you can drag the font file onto the program, and it will get the full path. I don't know what's up with Anders' system either. Mine behaves just like yours. Oh, and the UICLSID in the (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text

(...) That's odd. I always set explorer that way myself, but I have the same desktop.ini file and the same behavior in the fonts directory on both XP and 95. Apparently you can modify all sorts of folder behavior with these magic options in (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact