 CAD / Development / 10271
Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:49:15 GMT

Damien,

  I would appreciate if you don't put words in my mouth.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 04:39:07PM +0000, Damien Guichard wrote:
Dan Boger has e-mailed me.  Cooperation does not mean what i expected
it to mean.

* he doesn't see what functionality is offered that is not already available at
  Peeron.com
* he can't provide support and answer questions about Peeroml. well, i expected
  that and i think a simple sentence "don't e-mail about that stuff,
  please post to ... " would redirect the charge
* he won't create a "Peeroml" page at Peeron.com
* that basically splits Peeron.com and Peeroml, making them competitive rather
  than cooperative
* he asks me to remove the database from the program
* of course the Peeroml name is thus totally inappropriate, he also asks me to
  rename the tool

In my email to you I asked 3 things:

- Rename the program to something else - from what I understand, there
  is nothing in your program that is Peeron specific - it's much more
  generic than that, dealing with any set of bricks.  Naming it in a way
  that implies a tie to Peeron is confusing.
- An explanation of what functionality the program offers, since I
  didn't understand what it does.  I'm still not sure, but I think it's
  a way to allow people to write code to manipulate sets of bricks?
- Not to redistribute the entire Peeron database with it - instead, I
  suggested including a few inventories as a sample of how they can be
  written.

I still hope to understand what this actually DOES?