 CAD / Development / 10114
Re: Parts editing made easy, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Stefan Gustavson wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions, the message I
received is: "Yes, a good and useful translator
would be appreciated."

Oh, yes.  Definitely.

One brief comment on the issue of whether we
want clean, compact and well structured files
or not: of *course* we want clean files!

:)

[snip a lot of stuff with which I agree]

I think it would be better to solve the problem
at the source, i.e. the modeling, instead of
trying to fix it later by complex algorithms
that might not always work.

nod, yes.  That makes a lot of sense.

But first I'll try some experiments with the
"ASE" export files from 3dsmax. I have a lot less
time to spend on this than I would like, but
I'll be sure to let you know if I come
up with anything useful.

Very cool. :)

Steve