 CAD / Development / 10068
Re: BigBen Bricks! (Was: Parts editing made easy...?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:07:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ross Crawford wrote:

Also, you have to make sure it doesn't create huge, unreadable files. I will
make an example of the Big Ben Bricks wheels, which were obtained from a CAD
program used for generating molds, see http://www.bigbenbricks.com/ldraw.html

While these produce nice, very accurate output, they have way more polygons than
necessary for Ldraw, and they would be impossible to maintain. Your utility
would need to somehow make sure the output is "Author Friendly".

Regards

ROSCO

Like, wow! Triple wow! Fisrt LCAD, and now LCAM!
I wonder how expesive that could be!
And I wonder if they are willing to make some custom size Classic style windows
and not only train wheels!
And I wish that LEGO would offer the same service, too!

Ahem...
http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?set_albumName=album73&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

-Orion