 CAD / Development / 10113
Re: Rendering implementation details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:22:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
But sure, if people want, I can make a C utility to process an ldraw
file, and orient all the polygons in it the same way.  It's too
computationally intensive to be anything more than a pre-processing
step, but it's conceptually simple enough that I'm sort of suprised
nobody else has done it before.

It has been done before. Ildefonso Junior Zanette wrote a program called Windz,
I use it all the time when I author parts.  I can't remember if he publically
released it.

no, he didn't. when I last met him at legoworld 03 he promised to do it but
actually never did (as far as I remember at the time windz had an error quote of
2-3 percent - too much from his point of view :-((

w.

actually I'll add the integration of windz to my lddp-wishlist ROFL