 CAD / Development / *735 (-20)
  Re: Technic Cam 6575

(...) it "Catch Cross" in LDraw. How about: "Technic Connector with Axlehole" And how about the number? Do anybody know what it is? Fredrik (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD format

(...) Yes, I agree. But MPD is not very parser-friendly. You read the file and half-way down it says: "Oh, by the way, I'm an MPD!" How are you supposed to avoid complaining about garbage lines before the first "0 FILE" without parsing each file (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDLite 1.7 suggestions

(...) Great! I just ran into another problem. The "Continuous" checkbox in the Options does not work. I wanted to view Karim's AT-AT and have it auto-rotate, but quickly found that the continuous feature wouldn't work. -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD format

(...) While I appreciate the LDAO modeler, I find it awkward to use. It is a good effort at making an ad-hoc modelling tool, but leaves a lot to be desired. So I use it only occasionally. For large models, I prefer LEdit, imperfect as it is. -- (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Problems with LDAO, L3PAO

(...) If you are using LDAO 1.4..5 try this: Make a backup copy of your ldraw.ini file in /windows. Then open the primary ldraw.ini file and find the [Categories] section. Delete all entries in that section. Save the file and try running Make (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

The *strength* of LDRAW is the Type 2 and Type 5 lines. They are key to making rendered instruction sheet output look good. AC3D is a modeller that supports both triangles and lines, with POV and DXF output. I encourage you to check it out at: (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD format  [DAT]

I think valid drawing lines before the first "0 FILE" of an MPD file should not be allowed (comments and garbage lines are OK). Either it is an MPD file, or it is not. If valid drawing lines are encountered first, well, here's an example of what (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDLite 1.7 suggestions

OK: Stop button is officially on the TODO list. A backwards redraw would be nice, but I don't see an easy way to handle it in the code. The LDAO modeler can be useful here: you can set it up to only draw lines that are highlighted in the editor, or (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Our Modeling Future. (Was:Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2)

(...) it was paul gyugi who mentioned the shareware proggy i spoke of... here's his original post: (...) meshes in DXF format, as well as his writing the DAT2DXF converter)... so he will be a great source of information on what other avenues we may (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: To lugnet administrator.

(...) Actually, there is a special group lugnet.off-topic.test for this sort of thing. :) (...) This is correct -- it's not a bug. If your e-mail program has a Reply-to-All feature, simply use that when replying to messages instead of the plain (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: small ufo saucer hulls

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36ed2452.8871338@lu...et.com>... (...) Just like any good predator, I'm willing to devour any prey, be it, embryo to the infirm. And just like our feline and canine friends, I will even take prey that I may never use. (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

I totally agree, we should find a public or freeware CAD program to do the mundane for us in modeling. I also agree that finding something we can all agree on would be monumental task. I would love to be able to use MAX output ( as I've previous (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  To lugnet administrator.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I just found out how to set my news program to this group. Thought I'd try this as a means of replying to the emails, instead of through the mailing list, since it doesn't set the reply-to properly - my mail prog (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  m:tron

someone said a while ago that they had .dat files of every m:tron set except the secret space voyager. can i please have them? (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: small ufo saucer hulls

steve, can i please have the 1 x 2 x 2? also how close to complete is your octogonal offset? i want a mockup version if possible. (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Problems with LDAO, L3PAO

(...) Yes, I recently ran makelist2 (i think it's 2). The new pieces are in LEdit's catalog, but LDAO can't seem to find them. --Karim (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

personally, i think we should look to a public-domain modeling tool for the basis of our meshes in LDraw2... (i'd *prefer* we all just use MAX, but i know that isn't possible for obvous reasons)... my point in this is that we need a tool that does (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDLite 1.7 suggestions

(...) Oh, Yes! I'd love a stop button. While we are making suggestions, I have a really wild one: Backwards Redraw. There are, I'm sure, technical difficulties involved in this, but it would be soooo nice if implemented well. Basically, I see this (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD format

(...) i understand... and i too prefer the win apps... that's why i'm writing some of them for the community... and i believe wholeheartedly that we should abandon the original LDraw and LEdit completely at some point, once the proper replacements (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

(...) hehe.. in 3DS it's called "A-B subtraction" or "B-A subtraction".. and those are *intense" routines to write... he he.. damn, everyone just needs 3DSMAX.. J (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact