 CAD / Development / *175 (-20)
  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) A stand-alone utility could call LDraw (or LDLite) to produce the images, but extract the (port) information directly from the .DAT file. Calling into LDraw/LDLite is pretty easy -- both programs are command-line driven. The utility would have (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Track Designer can already automatically rotate [1] and scale any new bitmap that you give it. I'm not sure why you would want to do this in an image editor? What are the weird artifacts that you are referring to when using magenta as the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

This sounds like an excellent idea, however I'm not sure how to implement it. If it were a built in feature of Track Designer it would require that the entire rendering engine of LDraw be built into TD. A bit daunting! If it were built into LDraw, (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Bug: 6540 Technic Steering Arm Large

The Steering Arms I have are clearly marked '6540'. So this is one of those cases where we ought to have an 'A' and a 'B' part? (That is, if anyone ever models the part with the pin socket connection?) Kim Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ... (...) (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Non-TLG Parts

(...) Just generate the mesh once. The part-file would be static, with one rough/broken side. It's still a lot of work for just one element -- it'd be easier to take the existing part-file, and just break it in half. Steve (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Bug: 6540 Technic Steering Arm Large

(...) I believe there have been two different supercars, with the different versions. Jasper (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Shouldn't give any problems. (...) If we just register the port information for the relevant parts (road plates, track, and monorail track), and inline all sub-files (not including parts) the inlined version of the model will contain indirect (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

Yep, that was EXACTLY what I was thinking of. The convertor should create the needed views (all the rotations), and if it can handle the scaling too, so much the better. Just scaling bitmaps down in an image editor gives weird artifacts if you're (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Bug: 6540 Technic Steering Arm Large

(...) This is probably true. However, the "Technic Steering Arm Large" that came with the 8880 Supercar comes in two versions: The first year (or so) of production, the steering arm has a cross axle hole. Later versions had the technic pin socket, (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

Larry Pieniazek (lar@voyager.net) wrote: [...] (...) Sounds like a rather good idea. It would probably not be that difficult to create a LDraw to Track Designer converter. I presume that all sub-files (except for track parts) should be converted to (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitives HTML Guide

(...) It ended up at <URL:(URL) Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- LDraw FAQ: <URL:(URL) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Non-TLG Parts

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36c84429.9637535@lu...et.com>... (...) Since it would be a random function, wouldn't you need to generate the mesh each time the element is used? Seems like a lot of work for one part, but how would you interface with (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Part Bug: 6540 Technic Steering Arm Large

The other day I was doing an inventory of my 8880 Super Car set and I came across an LDraw part inconsistency; The 6540 - Technic Steering Arm Large, seems to be modeled differently than the 6540's that came with my Super Car. In the LDraw part, the (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitives HTML Guide

(...) Well, Terry mentioned it in an e-mail to me, which reminded me I wanted to snag a new copy of it, ... (...) Ultimately, it should end up at the JJM. Short term, it should still end up at the JJM -- we can review, enhance, and correct it (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitives HTML Guide

(...) If you mean the HTML page I put together last June (that long ago !!), then I think I sent it to the L-CAD list hoping it would get added to the FAQ, or added to the Memorial some other way, since I don't have a Web Site as yet, and I'm happy (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [makelist] mklist v1.0 ready for testing

(...) I'll bet. (...) I *think* having lines which are too long doesn't matter (much). Lines which are too short are evil, because LEdit doesn't clean up the display list, it just overwrites the contents of the screen. (...) Yes -- all the subparts (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Primitives HTML Guide

Whatever happened to the write-up on the p\ primitives? Steve (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How does the inliner tool handle the colours 16 and 24?

(...) Yes, the table is hard-coded into the Inliner. It uses just the low-nybble of the color value to look up the value for color 24: // iColorMain is the value for color code 16 // iEdgeColor will hold the value for color code 24 // Array is a (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Non-TLG Parts

(...) You could generate a random height-grid, to represent the broken side of the neo-part. Use that information as a mesh, and convert it to LDraw code. Steve (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Maintenance Idea

(...) Yes, it is supposed to by yyyy-mm-dd. No, it isn't supposed to be an/the ISO format. I'm glad it is, though. (...) Good -- then no one will be confused. Steve (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact