 CAD / Development / 157
Re: Non-TLG Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:00:27 GMT

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 02:03:36 GMT, "Earls HouseHold"
<brandone@mounet.com> wrote:

Hmmm.  Ask and ye shall recieve.  How did you implement the design.  I've
looked at it and have not decided how to handle the area between the loop
and the plate.  Do you remove the connecting material or leave it.
Remember, this part is a broken regular element.  How do the parts usually
end up?  With half the material on each half or with most on one part or the
other?  I can't imagine that it would break cleanly.  I have never had one
of my own ( reclaimed from my children who no longer live we me, well, my
son does but I never see him except for the lump in his bed ) break, so, I
assume that they are of the new version.

You could generate a random height-grid, to represent the broken side of
the neo-part.  Use that information as a mesh, and convert it to LDraw
code.

Steve